Accomplishments for 2010
- The 2010 Gift Of Giving Food Drive distributed food bags to over 5000 families and individuals in 2010. The organization received in-kind donations of $57,950.02 in food from Entenmann’s Bakery Inc., Panera Bread, Johnny B’s Cookies, Detroit Sausage Company, God’s Pantry Storehouse and other national and local businesses, which help made our 2010 Gift Of Giving Food Drive a huge success.
- The 2010 Gift Of Giving Toy Drive distributed new toys to over 7500 needy children in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, including Wayne, Macomb and Oakland counties during the holiday’s season, and throughout the year. The organization received tremendous support and received $38,922.04 in in-kind donations of toys to help support the 2010 Gift Of Giving Toy Drive.
- The Gift Of A Helping Hand Charitable Trust Building Fund will provide housing for homeless single mothers with children and homeless single mothers with children leaving out of domestic violence situation. The program will provide transitional housing and boarding facilities for local underprivileged Veteran Women and Men. For the 2010 operational year the organization has secure funding to help with the completion of The Gift Of A Helping Hand Charitable Trust building maintenance. The organization will secure additional funds in 2011 through 2012 to help with the completion of the transitional housing, boarding rooms and emergency shelter that will help housed domestic violence victims, underprivileged Veterans and homeless youths and families. The Gift Of A Helping Hand Charitable Trust Building Fund expenses was $876.86.
- The 2010 Gift Of Giving New Clothes & New Shoes Drive had collected new clothes, shoes and received grant to help provide new clothing & new shoes for over 1000 needy children. The 2010 Gift Of Giving New Clothes & New Shoes Drive collected $13,800.00 in in-kind donations and distributed new clothes and new shoes to over 1000 underprivileged youths. The program serves the 93% of households in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan that lives at or below the poverty rate.
- The Gift Of Giving Children Literacy Program host three book distribution three time per academic year and distributes one free book per at risk child to increase the awareness of reading and improve a child’s self-esteem. The program provides free books to over 1500 at risk children residing in distressed communities in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan and other Wayne counties.